Pages

Thursday 11 August 2016

Heartless - the pre-Savile death version PT 1

May I just start by referring the reader to an earlier post, one of many to feature Steven George, aka Alison Pink who actually posted a few comments of his own two years ago !
 http://rabbitaway.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/convincing-bill.html
Now, unfortunately for Mr George, I have managed to acquire a copy of his original, self published and binded book Heartless. It's listed on Amazon and other bookseller sites as being published in 2006 but the only date I see is 1999. This is important guys and gals because the above comment rather lamely suggests I read the revised revised version, published AFTER Sir Jimmy's death !




Straight to business, here are the two references to Savile as presented in 2014 (if you read Convincing Bill you'll see that my friend Moor Larkin had included these in the comments section, his wry conclusion was, and is, spot on ! 
There were rumours .... I cannot comment on the .. validity of this (page 81) The legal reasons bit refers to the fact that she'd have to account for any claims she published about WHOEVER she is referring to that may or may not be involved in that alleged impropriety, perpetrators and victims alike.
Here's the actual extracts from the copy I have
 Note : Savile started visiting in the 1970's it's important guys and gals !
Now, let's backtrack a wee bit to the preface to this book where Dr T Walmsley Consultant Psychiatrist makes this rather telling observation
A ring of truth ... literally fantastic' The Doctor isn't waging his pension or reputation on the veracity of Janella's recollections is he ? 
And then - the bombshell ! For me that is, because just this minute as I'm typing I note that whatever copy I have, it is certainly NOT one published in 2006 because it contains this. How silly am I ? Never mind, there's method in this partciular madness ! 
2007 ? Let me try to clarify matters by making you aware of the fact that this/these publications are NOT professionally published, they have been hand bound by Steven George and from what I can see, whilst 1999 may have been it's first outing, we do not know WHEN it was written. 
Here's where other bloggers whose take on things is directly opposite to mine, have their uses. Here's how one describes Janella's book journey !
 Look, I'm not going to spend ONE more bloody minute trying to work out when the copy I have was made. I just now that the front pages were updated sometime after 2007 but before Heartless Too was hatched post 2012. 
 I include these facts because I want the reader to know as much as I do/don't - all things Haertless related. I'm getting more heartless by the minute, in fact I'd throw this keyboard up the wall if it weren't for the fact that I really do want to work out as best I can, WHAT might have motivated George to write what he did about the people who appear to have given him so much support ? He refers to the unfairness of the benefits system, take from that what you will !
Let's check out Mr Cummings's story shall we ? The one that, in his (George's) mind 'vindicated' his story' a strange thing to say in itself ! 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/hampshire/7281794.stm

Bear in mind, this was published in 2008 when the Jersey saga was unravelling and the Sun was doing it's £300,000's* best to implicate Savile in Haut De La G ! Is this what prompted George to get revising her missive ? 
 
 The plot thickens for Mr Cummings post Savile too, as it appears he, along with nineteen others, received an apology and financial compensation in 2014. It's telling that the council who dished out twenty lots of taxpayers money, did NOT admit liabilty, they merely paid out ! 


 
 http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-27794784

But, what does any of this have to do with Jimmy Savile ? My answer to that would be, well nothing at all, save poor Jimmy just happened to be at Broadmoor which is just one of the several institutions in which Alison Pink was placed via the authorities. But, I'll tell you all about that next time ! Hang on in there kids, I ain't done with Steven George and his recollections of Broadmoor just yet ! 




 


 

5 comments:

  1. Dr Walmsley's statement that 'Janella' was "taken into a family where, rightly or wrongly, she found the family to be loveless" might also suggest that the claims should be taken with a pinch of salt, especially as the adoptive parents were both dead by the time of publication (1999, if it ever truly appeared so early).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, especially when her claims of abuse are at variance with how her adoptive parents visited her & paid for private psychiatrists etc (see next post). WHY would they bother if they didn't care for her ? My conclusion is that George latched onto the abuse saga in 2008 & revised his/her memories accordingly !

      Delete
  2. Top Of The Pops wasn't 7:30 to 8:00 until EastEnders started in February 1985. Until then it was varying durations, and in the late 60s & 70s was often screened earlier than that - as Genome database will attest. So that's another load of hogwash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure you're right there Chris. It was always on on a Thursday at 7.30 for as long as i remember. Every teenager alive in 1970 knew when TOTP was on so the inclusion of that detail in her tale means nowt !

      Delete
    2. You look on Genome - it will surprise you

      Delete